Frequently Asked Questions

What kinds of counselling problems and issues does GLCM address?
Some of the areas that we can help you, in counseling, are marital, parent-child relationship, sibling relationships, budgeting, personal issues such as depression, anxiety, addictions, trauma, stress, eating disorders, loneliness, discouragement and others. In the event that we feel we can’t provide you the best care for your personal situation, we will help connect you with an agency that can better meet your needs.

I’ve decided to come for help . . . what do I do now?
Call GLCM 905-309-0944, during regular office hours ~ Monday – Friday; 9-4:30 to request services. You can also call after hours and leave a message.As soon as a counsellor is available, you will be called to schedule an appointment. At your first appointment your needs will be assessed by the counsellor, and you will be told what Grimsby Life Centre will be able to do to help your situation.

I am underage; do I need the presence of a parent or legal guardian, or their permission, to come for help?
No, you not need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or require their permission, to engage Grimsby Life Centre’s assistance.

What about confidentiality?
We will not release information to anyone without prior written consent from the counselee, except when legally obligated to report.

If your services are free, where does your funding come from?
Grimsby Life Centre Ministry is funded through generous donations from individuals, churches, businesses, grants and fundraising efforts. See our DONATE page for more info.

What kind of qualifications do your staff have?
The Grimsby Life Centre Ministries network strives to engage staff with varying degrees of qualifying accreditation and/or equivocal life experiences, i.e. Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Counselling courses, Bachelor of Arts in Social Work, or other certificates, diplomas, biblical counselling certification, or child and youth work, etc.